I love summer! I love the heat, being able to sleep in with my boys and the overall carefree vibe that summer brings. Along with all that love, there are several beauty essentials that I find help me stay on my beauty game while beating the heat. Without further ado – here are my picks (and why) because we all need sunscreen, but I wanted to explain my reasons for why I made specific picks. 🙂
1. Sunscreen: This is a no-brainer. We all need sunscreen to ward off skin cancer and prevent premature aging (as much as possible), but there definitely sunscreens I have found that do a better job. I always look for an SPF of at least 30+ and only sue those ward off both UVA and UVB rays. In a nutshell, UVA rays age the skin and UVB rays burn the skin. Both need protecting against so make sure that both of these are included in the sunscreen you are using. The other way companies define their products as offering UVA and UVB protection is by using the term broad-spectrum. Here is a list of my favorites:
2. Evian Spray: I have used these Evian cans for as long as I can remember. They provide a cool mist when you are overheating and provide subtle moisture to your skin which keeps it from drying out.
3. Blot Papers: A definite must in the summer are these magical pieces of paper. These pick up excess oil, which unfortunately I have quite a bit of, especially during the summer months. If you find your skin slick and oily try these MAC Blot Films or for a less expensive version try these Clean & Clear Oil Absorbing Sheets.
4. A Good Hat: I love hats! Not only are they a great way to protect your skin from the harmful rays, but they are an amazing way to give you and your hair a break from having to style and wash it for a day or so. I am currently loving this Nordstrom Straw Bucket Hat and this August Hat ‘Desert’ Floppy Straw Hat, also from Nordstrom.
5. Leg Makeup: I love self tanning, however in a pinch a little leg makeup will do a world of wonders to make a pair of shorts or a dress during an evening out look amazing. I have two favorites, the first is Sally Hansen Leg Makeup. This wonder comes in 5 different shades which makes application a cinch as streaking is less likely. My other favorite is Beach Sexy Instant Bronzing Tinted Body Spray from Victoria’s Secret. Although this product only comes in one color I have found that the color is neutral enough to work on almost all bodies.
Do you have any summer favorites you can’t live without?