I love parties and holidays are the time for them! I also know that throwing parties is a ton of work – especially around this time of year. I love to show my gratitude with an amazing hostess gift and I love to put some thought into these little tokens of appreciation.
I have to admit that often times I forget to get a hostess gift until a day or two prior to the big day. Now let’s face it – who has the time or inclination to head out looking for that perfect gift. If it’s right there in front of me great, but countless times a party has come up and the week of I can’t think of anything clever to give. Well I have just the answer – Amazon Prime! Now Amazon Prime is my lifesaver all year long, but during the holidays it is my life line. I love it, can’t live without it and I have found some pretty darn amazing hostess gifts on there.
Soo….without further ado here are some of my favorite hostess gifts that can be delivered to you in 1-2 days guaranteed (as long as you are a Prime member)…
1. The Big Betty XL Premium Jumbo Wine Glass – Holds a Whole Bottle of Wine! I can thing of a few friends that would love this…
2. Table Topics – Have you ever played these? There are several varieties such as Family Table Topics, Not Your Mother’s Dinner Party Table Topics, Family Gathering Table Topics and many more.
3. Barbuda Spin the Shot – I thought this was a cute, conversation starting gift. You could fill it with wine as opposed to shots to make everyone last a little longer. 🙂
4. Make It Ahead: A Barefoot Contessa Cookbook – This is Ina Garten’s latest cookbook and would make a lovely hostess gift for the cookbook lover in your life.
5. Burt’s Bees Essential Everyday Beauty Kit: I love this affordable set of trial size goodies from Burt’s Bees. This gift set featuring all natural products contains items to pamper one from head to toe.
6. Mommy Tonic (Every Mom Edition) Voted #1 Game for Moms: I bought one of these for me. Enough said.
Do you have any go to hostess gifts? I would love to know what they are…
Ahhhh, perusing the internet I found some fun articles that I wanted to share. None of these are life changing – just fun articles that are great to peruse when you have a few spare moments…
Years ago I was stuck in a doctors office for what seemed like an eternity. I came across an issue of Food and Wine magazine and inside there was a tip so genius I have been using it for years. As the title states, it is freezing wine.
Have you ever cooked with wine and either didn’t finish off the bottle at dinner or just didn’t feel like drinking the rest of it for a few days? I was coming across this predicament quite often and I found myself throwing away quite a bit of decent wine until this.
All you do is take your good wine and pour the wine into ice cube trays and freeze. I like to leave them in the freezer for a day. Once they are set they will look like this:
The wine cubes will be solid, but slightly soft. Each cube is the equivalent to two tablespoons of wine and since you will be freezing the cubes, they will be good to use for about two weeks and still taste great!
Try this tip out and let me know what you think!
I love reading the endless amounts of cool information on the internet and I am fascinated by what people are reading. Below are some links I have stumbled upon this week. Please pass on interesting articles you are reading…
Ten Delicious Ways to Use Rotisserie Chicken: I stumbled on this when looking through my Pinterest boards for some inspiration for dinner one day. There are some refreshing and relish dinner options provided.
Seventeen Ways to Pimp Your Pumpkin Without Carving It: Having two boys that are ages ten and eleven, I can’t wait to try some of these fun techniques. Not having to carve a pumpkin will also cut down on a lot of mess for me also!
Which Wine Pairs With Your Halloween Candy: Halloween is on Friday and I fully plan to have a glass or two of wine to celebrate – while raiding my boys’ candy bags.
How to Detox Every Day: I try to do all things in moderation. I know myself well enough to realize that a long term detox isn’t my thing, but I love these little tricks to help me keep my body as healthy as possible.
10 Snacks That Make You Beautiful: I am a snacker, so any ideas on snacks that are actually good for me is an article I will always want to read.
25 Definitive Style Rules Every Woman Should Follow: While I love a good trend, the classics are always a good reminder. This article outlines some classic trends that can always be incorporated into your daily wardrobe.
You’re Not the Only One: 8 Memoirs To Get Your Through Hard Times: Life isn’t easy all the time or even some of the time. I love reading memoirs from people who have overcome seemingly insurmountable obstacles – anything to keep this life in perspective…
There are several blogs that I follow religiously and many have regular posts that I look forward to reading. One of these is Cupcakes and Cashmere’s, “Links I Love”. I am always on the hunt for witty, fun and informative posts and with the infinite landscape of the worldwide web having a blogger sum up a collection of their favorites is always helpful. They say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery so here goes my list of links I love for this week….
1. Ten Ways to Use Chia Seeds this post from Wellness Mama is a great reminder to not only use Chia Seeds but also offers new and creative ways to add them to your cooking.
2. The Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipes by Parade Magazine I am OBSESSED with chocolate chip cookies and love seeing new recipes. Although my favorite recipe isn’t listed, you can find that one here, I still can’t wait to try some of these out.
3. Quotes About Following Your Dreams Words are powerful and I love finding motivational quotes to keep me going. I found this collection on Oprah.com and I love them. In particular the one listed above, “…DREAM BIG AND DARE TO FAIL.” Here is also a link to my own inspiration board on Pinterest. I would love to hear what some quotes that inspire you are.
4. How to Comment on Blogs “from the Wetherhills say I do” I have been blogging for a while now but am not as good as I should be when it comes to commenting on blogs. This post provides insightful tips on the most helpful ways to comment on blogs and how you can generate more traffic to your blogs by doing so.
5. Ten Best Fantasy Closets I swoon over an amazing closet. This link shows you some amazing closets that are simply decadent.
Have you read or seen anything online lately that you are loving? Please tell me, I would love to know about it!