I hate going on vacation only to find that I didn’t pack enough of something or hate what I packed. On a recent trip to Hawaii I found that not only did I not pack enough bathing suit coverups, but the ones that I did pack – I hated. While on vacation I am very zen so I didn’t stress and made what I had work, however now that I am home, I am on a cover-up mission.
I have a couple of tips regarding purchasing cover-ups that I wanted to share with you. First, I do not like spending a lot of money on these pieces. Generally I am swimming, wet and drenched in sunscreen. These items are used, abused, thrown on the ground, the beach – you get the idea. Also, when purchasing cover-ups I look under casual dresses. The second thing I wanted to touch on is to keep an eye open for the fabric. I love terry coverups as they mimic wearing a towel and are very absorbent. I have been hard pressed to find any cute terry coverups recently though so if you find any cute ones, by all means, please share.
I am obsessed with booties! Open toe or closed, I am in love with both versions. One of my shopping philosophies is to go high-low. I like to purchase key pieces that are expensive and exceptionally made and pair those items with lesser expensive items. Here are my picks for amazing booties at both high and low prices….
Rag & Bone Harrow Leather Bootie – $525 at Nordstrom.com: This is a classic that is beautiful and exceptionally made. However at $525 I have been on the hunt for a less expensive version and think I may have found it with the BP bootie listed below.
BP ‘Train’ Wrap Belted Bootie – $119.95 at Nordstrom.com: I am a tough critic when it comes to lesser expensive versions and I think this one comes pretty darn close
Vince ‘Brigham’ Open Toe Bootie – $450 at Nordstrom.com: In my eyes these are a perfect bootie. Perfect to wear with shorts, yet dressy enough to wear with a dressier pair of slacks. At $450 I may pay this much, however I do think that the less expensive version is pretty darn cute as well.
Nine West Tiptoe Bootie – $129 at Zappos: There are some differences between the texture of the leather however let’s keep in mind that there is a $300 savings that could be used towards the BP bootie and you would still have money leftover to purchase some makeup.
Christian Louboutin Chesterfille Leather Ankle Boot – $1095 at Saks Fifth Avenue: I have a soft spot for Louboutin’s. There is something about that red sole that makes me swoon. Although at over $1000 I am not sure these perfect shoes will be mine.
ALDO Piedim Leather Bootie – $120 at Zappos.com: OK, so there is no red sole, but these are a pretty close dupe for the beloved Chesterfille bootie that I will continue to admire from afar.
I love a good staple and nude shoes are an absolute must in my wardrobe. Shoes in an au natural hue can brighten up a dark outfit and seamlessly bring a bold outfit together.
The more I wear them, the more I continue to fall in love with these versatile gems. Here are some of my favorite nude stunners:
1. Valentino ‘Rockstud’ T-Strap Pump, $995 There is no question that these are a splurge and prior to purchasing these I contemplated the purchase for about 18 months. I couldn’t get these shoes out of my head so I eventually caved and made the purchase. I can’t begin to tell you how glad I made the investment. These shoes take any outfit from drab to fab and are an instant conversation piece.
2. Ivanka Trump ‘Maggie’ Pump, $129.95 Every girl needs a pair of open toe nude pumps. These shoes can easily go from work to play and match just as beautifully with a conservative skirt suit as a pair of jeans and blouse.
3. Prada Point Toe Pump, $650.00 OK, another splurge but you will have these for decades! Perfectly classy with a pointed toe that can take you from daytime chic to nighttime sexy no matter the outfit!
4. Jessica Simpson ‘Carmyne’ Leather Sandal, $97.95 I love the stacked heel and zipper detail on this shoe. The slightly thicker heel makes heels easier to walk on (for me anyways) and the stacked heel also gives these shoes a more dressed down look that makes these perfect to wear with cropped jeans or shorts.
5. Charles David ‘Intro’ Leather Sandal, $200 A perfect combination of strappy and sexy, but since it isn’t too high and is missing the platform this shoe is a perfect combination of classy with a slight edge.
Whether it is a clutch or a mini bag every girl needs a stylish, versatile bag they can head to dinner with and/or a night out on the town.