I love Kat Von D’s Tattoo Eyeliner. It is definitely one of my holy grail products that I always have on hand. However, as with all high end department store products I try, I always like to attempt to see if I an find a more reasonable drugstore dupe. This Kat Von D Tattoo Eyeliner, which retails for $19 was no different.
The Kat Von D formula is great, it doesn’t smudge, stays put all day, yet still comes off easily with eye makeup remover. My favorite part of this high-end liner is the super fine brush applicator. Whether you want a very thin, dainty line or a dramatic cat eye, this eyeliner will complete the look flawlessly every time.
Enter the dupe…meet the Maybelline Precision Eyeliner, which retails for $4.79 . The similarities are quite remarkable. Here is my breakdown:
I love summer! I love the heat, being able to sleep in with my boys and the overall carefree vibe that summer brings. Along with all that love, there are several beauty essentials that I find help me stay on my beauty game while beating the heat. Without further ado – here are my picks (and why) because we all need sunscreen, but I wanted to explain my reasons for why I made specific picks. 🙂
Summer is coming which means it is the season for tanks and shorts. The showing of a little extra skin for me means sloughing off the dry, winter skin to reveal refreshed, smooth skin. Enter my favorite way to exfoliate – the Baiden Mitten. This is one magical piece of skincare heaven and I am obsessed.
I love the look of a perfectly manicured nail. The ironic thing is that in the past I have rarely take the time to do my nails. It is a horrible habit and one that I am embarrassed to admit. Between doing extremely mundane household chores, washing my hands constantly and the fact that I just tend to be very hard on my nails I have found that the only thing worse than unpainted nails is chipping nail polish.
I have made a resolution to either have a manicure more frequently or to take the time to give my own nails a mini manicure of their own. With the whole nail polish chipping problem I do have one work around that seems to work for me. Enter the nude, baby pink nail polish. I love the subtle, girliness that these colors provide as well as a less noticeable look when my nails actually do begin to chip.
I have a confession…I am not good at doing eye makeup. As a makeup junkie it is a bit sad to admit, but it is the truth. My look is generally a swipe of eyeshadow primer to give my eye a tiny hint of color, a swipe of liquid eyeliner on the top of my lid and mascara. For years I have been plagued with raccoon eyes mid-day if I every took the chance and added a touch of mascara to my lower lashes. So for the most part, I would skip this – until now…
Enter Clinique’s Bottom Lash Mascara, $10 at Sephora. I freaking love this stuff! It is not often that I buy 2 tubes of an item to make sure that if they do discontinue this item, I have backups – however I did just that with this product. A couple of things to note – this is a tiny tube. However, I do think this is well worth it to not look like I am completely unkempt and have been out all night. Also, the brush is teeny, tiny, itty bitty. It is great to work those lower lashes, but it is so tiny I was surprised when I saw it so I thought I would mention that as well.
Here are before and after photos of this magical item:
Now keeping with my mascara post, I would be remiss not to mention probably one of my favorite articles from the past year. I stumbled on this article while I was perusing Pinterest and is from the Cosmopolitan UK website. Is an image showing 100 different mascaras on the same eye. Can you believe how genius this is??? The actual article can be found here, but see below for the image as well as the mascara used for each eye.
I can’t wait to try some of these mascaras based on my personal lash preference, which is for them to be long and extremely dramatic (note price is shown in pounds since this article is from Cosmopolitan UK):
1. NYX Cosmetics Doll Eye Mascara, £9 2. Lord & Berry Scuba Extreme Waterproof Mascara, £10 3. Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara, £12 4. Accessorize Fibre Lash Lengthening Mascara, £5.95
5. Benefit, Bad Gal Lash Mascara, £17.50 6. Bourjois Volume Clubbing Ultra Black Mascara, £7.99 7. Origins GinZing Mascara, £17.50 8. Clinique High Impact Waterproof Mascara, £16.50
9. MAC Extended Play Lash Mascara, £14 10. Rimmel Max Volume Flash Mascara, £6.69 11. NYC Big Bold Curl Mascara, £1.99 12. PUR Big Blink with Argan Oil Mascara, £15
13. Barry M Lash Vegas Mascara, £6.49 14. Chantecaille Faux Clis Mascara, £35 15. Benefit They’re Real Mascara, £19.50 16. AVON Supershock Max Mascara, £10
17. Bobbi Brown Everything Mascara, £19 18. Rimmel Scandal Eyes Flex Mascara, £6.99 19. Elizabeth Arden Beautiful Colour Lash Enhancing Mascara, £21 20. BareMinerals Flawless Definition Mascara, £16
21. Seventeen Va Va Voom Mascara, £6.29 22. Liz Earle Lash Definition Smudgeproof Mascara, £14.50 23. Guerlain Maxi Lash Mascara, £23 24. The Body Shop Super Volume Mascara, £10
25. Maybelline The Falsies Flared Mascara, £7.99 26. Bourjois Fantastic Volume Mascara, £9.99 27. Shavata Extreme Volumising Mascara, £15 28. Seventeen Doll’d Up Mascara, £6.29
29. Dior Diorshow Mascara Volume Lash-extension Effect Mascara, 30. Gosh Boombastic XXL Volume Mascara, £8.49 31. Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara, £18 32. Clinique High Impact Extreme Volume Mascara, £17
33. Lancome Hypnose Doll Eyes Mascara, £22.50 34. Make Up Store Rotating Mascara, 35. Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill Mascara, £25.50 36. Givenchy Noir Couture Waterproof Mascara, £23.50
37. Max Factor False Lash Effect Mascara, £10.99 38. YSL Mascara Volume Effet Faux Cils Babydoll 1 Mascara, £24.50 39. Maybelline Great Lash Blackest Black Mascara, £4.99 40. Tom Ford Extreme Mascara, £34
41. MAC False Lashes Extreme Black Mascara, £18 42. Shu Uemura Precise Volume Waterproof Mascara, 43. Bobbi Brown Perfectly Defined Mascara, 44. Dior Diorshow Iconic Extreme Mascara, £23
45. L’Oreal Paris Volume Million Lashes Mascara, £10.99 46. Wild About Beauty Nourishing Mascara, £18 47. Miss Sporty 24h Pump Up Booster Mascara, £3.99 48. Urban Decay Big Fatty Mascara, £15
49. Daniel Sandler Jumbo Jet Mascara, £14.75 50. Art Deco Art Couture Lash Volumizer Mascara, £14.50 51. MAC Extended Play Gigablack Lash Mascara, £14 52. The Body Shop Big And Curvy Mascara, £10
53. Dr. Hauschka Volume Mascara, £18.25 54. Eyeko Lengthening Skinny Brush Mascara, £15 55. MAC Studio Fix Lash Mascara, £14 56. AVON Supershock Mascara, £8.50
57. Lancome Hypnose Drama Mascara, £22.50 58. Bobbi Brown Lash Glamour Extreme Lengthening Mascara, £19 59. Shiseido Perfect Mascara Full Definition, £23.50 60. Rimmel Lash Accelerator Endless Mascara, £7.99
61. MAC Opulash Mascara, £14 62. Max Factor Lash Extension Effect Extreme Lengthening Mascara, £10.99 63. NYC Show Time Volumising Waterproof Mascara, £1.99 64. Bourjois Ultra Black Volumizer Mascara, £10.99
65. MUA Mascara, £1 66. Bourjois Volume Glamour Max Definition Mascara,£9.99 67. Collection 2000 Mascara, 68. Kiko Luxurious Lashes Mascara, £7.20
69. Eyeko Fat Brush Mascara, £15 70. YSL Shocking Mascara Volume Effet Faux Cils Mascara, £23 71. Soap and Glory Thick and Fast Mascara, £10 72. Rimmel Scandal Eyes Show Off Mascara, £6.99
73. Seventeen Falsifeye False Lash Effect Mascara, £6.49 74. 2True Wow! Volume Mascara, £1.50 75. Eyeko Black Magic Drama & Curl Mascara, £18 76. MAC Studio Fix Boldblack Lash, £14
77. Revlon Lash Potion by Grow Luscious Mascara, £9.99 78. Topshop Volume Lash Mascara, 79. Nars Larger Than Life Volumizing Mascara, £19 80. Bobbi Brown No Smudge Mascara, £17.10
81. Max Factor Wild Mega Volume Volumising Mascara, £6.99 82. Bourjois Volume Glamour Max Mascara, £9.99 83. Gosh Growth Mascara, £8.49 84. Art Deco Amazing Effect Mascara, £11.50
85. Sensai 38°C Mascara, £20 86. Eyeko Curvy Brush Mascara, £15 87. Diego Dalla Palma Graduated Volume Mascara, £17 88. Cargo Triple Action Mascara, £14
89. Maybelline The Rocket Volum’ Express Waterproof Mascara, £7.99 90. RMK Separate Curl Mascara, £22 91. d.j.v Beautenizer Fiberwig LX Mascara, £18 92. Essential Care Organic Mascara, £17.50
93. Sheer Cover Extra Length Mascara, £17.95 94. Vivo Volume + Length Mascara, £3.49 95. MUA Mega Volume Mascara, £3 96. Bobbi Brown Intensifying Long Wear Mascara, £17.10
97. L’Oreal Paris False Lash Telescopic Mascara , £10.99 98. L’Oreal Paris False Lash Flutter Mascara, £10.99 99. 2True Wow! Volume Waterproof Mascara, £1.50 100. B. A11 Lengthening, defining and Volumising Waterproof Mascara, £9.99