I have a confession…I am not the best at doing eye makeup, which is why Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara has become my beauty BFF. When I refer to doing bad at eye makeup, I want to clarify that I am referring to eye shadow, so I rely heavily on my lashes.
Since I rely so heavily on my lashes to bring my makeup look together, I am a complete freak about making sure whatever mascara I use doesn’t bleed and create raccoon eyes. I have tried all brands, formulas (waterproof and regular), and colors. Enter Clinique’s Bottom Lash Mascara, $10 at Sephora. This is a formula that doesn’t budge – I have never used a formula for my bottom lashes that worked so incredibly well. The mascara gently sculpts your lower lashes, lengthens them and even though your lashes will be stretched to maximize their effect, the color doesn’t flake onto your lower eyelid.
A couple of things to note – this is a tiny tube. When I first received it I was shocked at how tiny it was. Also, the brush is teeny, tiny, itty bitty. It is great to work those lower lashes, but it is so tiny I was surprised when I saw it so I thought I would mention that as well.
In a nutshell, I freaking love this stuff! It is not often that I buy 2 tubes of an item to make sure that if they do discontinue this item, I have backups – however I did just that with this product. Those amazing Pinterest pins featuring breathtaking eyeshadow looks are not something I have been able to master yet, but that will come (I hope.)
In the meantime, I am getting older and I need all the help I can get, so I am LOVING this mascara and definitely recommend trying it.
Here are some celebrities with amazing bottom lashes (I don’t know if they used this mascara, but this just reaffirms how much impact great lower eyelashes add to an overall look):
I have extremely sensitive skin so trying new skincare products can be a bit tricky, however not being one to shy away from a new product I had to give this GLAMGLOW Supercleanse Clearing Cleanser a try. On a day to day basis I continue to use my old favorite cleanser which is, Neutrogena Naturals Purifying Cleanser, which I love. Yet, I have found that when my skin is going crazy due to hormones or changes in the environment (anyone else notice a few extra zits with the changes of the seasons?) I need something a little more potent. I have tried several cleansers and they are either too harsh for my skin and break me out or leave my skin feeling overly dehydrated and tight. Soooo, in my search for a little more oomph to my cleanser I tried this GLAMGLOW Supercleanse Clearing Cleanser and I fell in love.
The first thing to know about this cleanser is that it comes out as a mud. I use two pumps of this cleanser and massage this onto DRY skin. After massaging the formula into the skin, you begin massaging water into the cleanser to loosen the “mud” and really get this formula into the skin. Continue to add water, massage into skin and then rinse. This takes a minute or so to complete so be patient, it is worth it. Here is a picture of the mud once it is pumped out of the tube:
I have to tell you about this Foxbrim Orange Blossom Water Toner, it is awesome and you MUST – BUY – IT! I am a voracious online shopper and stumbled on this product by accident. I have become a little obsessed with looking through Amazon for beauty and skincare products. There are items on their website that I can’t find in department or drug stores and they have hugely positive reviews. This toner is one such example.
I was amazed at the number of positive reviews – 555 reviews and 94% of those rated this product at five stars and 5% of people gave this product 4 stars. The products has many claims which include:
After using this product for several weeks I can’t recommend it enough. Personally I have noticed decreased pore size, my skin feels softer and my skin tone appears more balances. I also enjoy how this product makes my skin feel clean without being overly drying. One last thing to note is that this toner has a refreshing orange-clementine scent. I love it, however if you are not a citrus-scent kind of a person then you might not be a fan of the fragrance.
Summer is coming which means it is the season for tanks and shorts. The showing of a little extra skin for me means sloughing off the dry, winter skin to reveal refreshed, smooth skin. Enter my favorite way to exfoliate – the Baiden Mitten. This is one magical piece of skincare heaven and I am obsessed.
I have a confession…I am not good at doing eye makeup. As a makeup junkie it is a bit sad to admit, but it is the truth. My look is generally a swipe of eyeshadow primer to give my eye a tiny hint of color, a swipe of liquid eyeliner on the top of my lid and mascara. For years I have been plagued with raccoon eyes mid-day if I every took the chance and added a touch of mascara to my lower lashes. So for the most part, I would skip this – until now…
Enter Clinique’s Bottom Lash Mascara, $10 at Sephora. I freaking love this stuff! It is not often that I buy 2 tubes of an item to make sure that if they do discontinue this item, I have backups – however I did just that with this product. A couple of things to note – this is a tiny tube. However, I do think this is well worth it to not look like I am completely unkempt and have been out all night. Also, the brush is teeny, tiny, itty bitty. It is great to work those lower lashes, but it is so tiny I was surprised when I saw it so I thought I would mention that as well.
Here are before and after photos of this magical item:
Now keeping with my mascara post, I would be remiss not to mention probably one of my favorite articles from the past year. I stumbled on this article while I was perusing Pinterest and is from the Cosmopolitan UK website. Is an image showing 100 different mascaras on the same eye. Can you believe how genius this is??? The actual article can be found here, but see below for the image as well as the mascara used for each eye.
I can’t wait to try some of these mascaras based on my personal lash preference, which is for them to be long and extremely dramatic (note price is shown in pounds since this article is from Cosmopolitan UK):
1. NYX Cosmetics Doll Eye Mascara, £9 2. Lord & Berry Scuba Extreme Waterproof Mascara, £10 3. Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara, £12 4. Accessorize Fibre Lash Lengthening Mascara, £5.95
5. Benefit, Bad Gal Lash Mascara, £17.50 6. Bourjois Volume Clubbing Ultra Black Mascara, £7.99 7. Origins GinZing Mascara, £17.50 8. Clinique High Impact Waterproof Mascara, £16.50
9. MAC Extended Play Lash Mascara, £14 10. Rimmel Max Volume Flash Mascara, £6.69 11. NYC Big Bold Curl Mascara, £1.99 12. PUR Big Blink with Argan Oil Mascara, £15
13. Barry M Lash Vegas Mascara, £6.49 14. Chantecaille Faux Clis Mascara, £35 15. Benefit They’re Real Mascara, £19.50 16. AVON Supershock Max Mascara, £10
17. Bobbi Brown Everything Mascara, £19 18. Rimmel Scandal Eyes Flex Mascara, £6.99 19. Elizabeth Arden Beautiful Colour Lash Enhancing Mascara, £21 20. BareMinerals Flawless Definition Mascara, £16
21. Seventeen Va Va Voom Mascara, £6.29 22. Liz Earle Lash Definition Smudgeproof Mascara, £14.50 23. Guerlain Maxi Lash Mascara, £23 24. The Body Shop Super Volume Mascara, £10
25. Maybelline The Falsies Flared Mascara, £7.99 26. Bourjois Fantastic Volume Mascara, £9.99 27. Shavata Extreme Volumising Mascara, £15 28. Seventeen Doll’d Up Mascara, £6.29
29. Dior Diorshow Mascara Volume Lash-extension Effect Mascara, 30. Gosh Boombastic XXL Volume Mascara, £8.49 31. Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara, £18 32. Clinique High Impact Extreme Volume Mascara, £17
33. Lancome Hypnose Doll Eyes Mascara, £22.50 34. Make Up Store Rotating Mascara, 35. Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill Mascara, £25.50 36. Givenchy Noir Couture Waterproof Mascara, £23.50
37. Max Factor False Lash Effect Mascara, £10.99 38. YSL Mascara Volume Effet Faux Cils Babydoll 1 Mascara, £24.50 39. Maybelline Great Lash Blackest Black Mascara, £4.99 40. Tom Ford Extreme Mascara, £34
41. MAC False Lashes Extreme Black Mascara, £18 42. Shu Uemura Precise Volume Waterproof Mascara, 43. Bobbi Brown Perfectly Defined Mascara, 44. Dior Diorshow Iconic Extreme Mascara, £23
45. L’Oreal Paris Volume Million Lashes Mascara, £10.99 46. Wild About Beauty Nourishing Mascara, £18 47. Miss Sporty 24h Pump Up Booster Mascara, £3.99 48. Urban Decay Big Fatty Mascara, £15
49. Daniel Sandler Jumbo Jet Mascara, £14.75 50. Art Deco Art Couture Lash Volumizer Mascara, £14.50 51. MAC Extended Play Gigablack Lash Mascara, £14 52. The Body Shop Big And Curvy Mascara, £10
53. Dr. Hauschka Volume Mascara, £18.25 54. Eyeko Lengthening Skinny Brush Mascara, £15 55. MAC Studio Fix Lash Mascara, £14 56. AVON Supershock Mascara, £8.50
57. Lancome Hypnose Drama Mascara, £22.50 58. Bobbi Brown Lash Glamour Extreme Lengthening Mascara, £19 59. Shiseido Perfect Mascara Full Definition, £23.50 60. Rimmel Lash Accelerator Endless Mascara, £7.99
61. MAC Opulash Mascara, £14 62. Max Factor Lash Extension Effect Extreme Lengthening Mascara, £10.99 63. NYC Show Time Volumising Waterproof Mascara, £1.99 64. Bourjois Ultra Black Volumizer Mascara, £10.99
65. MUA Mascara, £1 66. Bourjois Volume Glamour Max Definition Mascara,£9.99 67. Collection 2000 Mascara, 68. Kiko Luxurious Lashes Mascara, £7.20
69. Eyeko Fat Brush Mascara, £15 70. YSL Shocking Mascara Volume Effet Faux Cils Mascara, £23 71. Soap and Glory Thick and Fast Mascara, £10 72. Rimmel Scandal Eyes Show Off Mascara, £6.99
73. Seventeen Falsifeye False Lash Effect Mascara, £6.49 74. 2True Wow! Volume Mascara, £1.50 75. Eyeko Black Magic Drama & Curl Mascara, £18 76. MAC Studio Fix Boldblack Lash, £14
77. Revlon Lash Potion by Grow Luscious Mascara, £9.99 78. Topshop Volume Lash Mascara, 79. Nars Larger Than Life Volumizing Mascara, £19 80. Bobbi Brown No Smudge Mascara, £17.10
81. Max Factor Wild Mega Volume Volumising Mascara, £6.99 82. Bourjois Volume Glamour Max Mascara, £9.99 83. Gosh Growth Mascara, £8.49 84. Art Deco Amazing Effect Mascara, £11.50
85. Sensai 38°C Mascara, £20 86. Eyeko Curvy Brush Mascara, £15 87. Diego Dalla Palma Graduated Volume Mascara, £17 88. Cargo Triple Action Mascara, £14
89. Maybelline The Rocket Volum’ Express Waterproof Mascara, £7.99 90. RMK Separate Curl Mascara, £22 91. d.j.v Beautenizer Fiberwig LX Mascara, £18 92. Essential Care Organic Mascara, £17.50
93. Sheer Cover Extra Length Mascara, £17.95 94. Vivo Volume + Length Mascara, £3.49 95. MUA Mega Volume Mascara, £3 96. Bobbi Brown Intensifying Long Wear Mascara, £17.10
97. L’Oreal Paris False Lash Telescopic Mascara , £10.99 98. L’Oreal Paris False Lash Flutter Mascara, £10.99 99. 2True Wow! Volume Waterproof Mascara, £1.50 100. B. A11 Lengthening, defining and Volumising Waterproof Mascara, £9.99